tech fees

Wimblees Wimblees@aol.com
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 17:55:17 EST

>I would say that your NET charge should be the same for whatever you
>do.  If your shop overhead is greater than your field overhead, perhaps
>you should charge more.  Set your rates so you will be willing to do
>whatever work comes your way without profitability being an issue.

Setting one rate for the shop and another for the field might not only get
complicated, but it could also leave you behind. Your shop overhead (I am
asuming overhead to mean the constant charges for the shop, ie: electricity,
insurance, etc.) is going to be there, whether you work in it or not. So if
you wind up having a lot of field work, and charge only to cover the expenses
in the field, you are loosing money.

Willem Blees