Temperament choice, Beethoven 5th Concerto

Keith McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Sat, 28 Mar 1998 23:37:13 -0600 (CST)

>...I do think the modern pianist is in kindergarten when it comes to
>tuning in general. Most can barely tell if the piano is in tune at all,
>except for unisons....even professionals. The tuning-concious pianist is
>rare. It is unfortunately a neglected aspect of pianistic training these
>days...
>
>Stephen Birkett Fortepianos

Oddly, Stephen, I consider this a great blessing and a safeguard in the
master scheme of things.
Hardly unfortunate at all.

The modern pianists I serve can tell soon enough when the tuning doesn't
please them without me worrying about them graduating to any higher levels
than the kindergarten you speak of.  :-)

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731