aftertouch/front rail punchings

dpitsch dpitsch@ix.netcom.com
Sun, 29 Mar 1998 02:05:31 -0700

Interesting that you iron the front rail punchings.  As soon as I get a shipment of FR felt
punchings, I string them up on a 1/8 threaded rod.  Screwing larger FR cardboard punchings in
from each end, the felt is left to sit in this compressed state for months.  When I use them
on an action that needs to be refelted, they are so stable that I can set the aftertouch very
confidently.  Years later, these actions still have the key dip I originally set.

By the way, am I the only tech who sets the dip in the sharps as equal aftertouch to the
naturals?  What about it LIST?