aftertouch/front rail punchings

A440A A440A@aol.com
Sun, 29 Mar 1998 11:52:58 EST

Dave asks:
<<am I the only tech who sets the dip in the sharps as equal aftertouch to
the naturals? >>

    I set the aftertouch to be consistant.  If the keydip is to be even, then
usually the hammerline has to be sacrificed.
   On the closest regulations,  I set the keys with a consistant measured key
dip, then, as I set aftertouch, if a key requires more than .010" alteration,
I move the hammer to compensate.  This splits the difference of geometry
inconsistancies between key travel and hammer travel,  a lot of work, but
there are some players out there that home right in on it.
Regards,
Ed Foote