Correct bass strings

Arlie D. Rauch adarpub@midrivers.com
Sun, 29 Mar 1998 15:33:04 -0700

Dear List,

Over the past year I have ordered wound bass strings from a certain
supplier who shall for the moment remain nameless.

On one occasion I sent exact measurements since the original string was no
longer available.  On other occasions I sent in the original string.

Regardless, the strings they sent back to me had the following problem.
The copper winding began too far from the hitch pin, and the winding as a
result rode up on the terminator bar (upright pianos).

Can anyone suggest suppliers who have provided satisfaction in providing
exact replacement strings?  You may post me privately if you think this
should not go to the entire list.

Thanks in advance.

Arlie D. Rauch

Arlie D. Rauch