Marpurg I (not 1)

Keith McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 11:17:09 -0600 (CST)

>Keith,
>
>Since I'm the only "Gina" I know of, and granted there are several "Jim's"
>who are on this list, it sure is nice to be grouped with such esteemed
>technicians. :-)

Gina, List,

Often, in the medium of email, someone's post can and has been easily
misunderstood.  I do not want to fall victim to such travesty.  So, in
attempt to clarify the above comment, I reply:

Now, Gina, I'm not certain how to take this ah, er, complement.
(just a moment, please...Okay, I'm back...I had to look up esteem to be
certain of its meaning)

By "esteemed" do you mean:
"...full of baloney..."

By "esteemed" do you mean:
"...throwing out little esoteric tidbits to make it sound like I,you, (we)
have some kind of vast and deep knowledge experience..."

By "esteemed" do you mean:
that "...when it really comes down to some cold hard facts , sound
reasoning and advice, I, we, (you)
often come up short..."

By "esteemed" do you mean:
that I (we) "...tell people that it works but we (you) know in our (your)
heart and
conscience that it does not..."

If that's the case, then to be grouped "...with such esteemed
technicians...", I am in agreement.

However, if by "esteemed" you mean:
To regard with respect
To favorably regard
To prize
To honor
To value
To admire

You must have the wrong guy.
<a inner perceptible grin is there>

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild
USA

Tech tip: To raise the pitch on a tuning fork, remove metal from the tips
of the fork, to lower the pitch, remove metal from the outside of the yoke
of the fork.