what is ethical was Re: tech fees

Wimblees Wimblees@aol.com
Tue, 31 Mar 1998 10:01:20 EST

> My previous post mentioned common sense, I was assuming that readers
>would see the implications of base building their business. For the most
>part we are saying  the same thing, but I think you are looking at the
>issue more from the ledger point of view, and I from a customer
>relations point of view, the middle ground might be the ideal.

Looking at the business from a customer point of view is what has built my
business. I have tried very hard, and I think succeeded, in keeping the
customer in mind when I present her with the bill. However, as much as I love
my work, and would do it for free, (if my creditors would allow me to skip out
on my payments), the bottom line is we have to make a living. And like most of
us, I like to live comfortably. This is why I stress the ledger line. But I
certainly agree, the customer's point of view needs to be considered.

Willem Blees