Young Chang Aftertouch

Tom Myler TomMyler@worldnet.att.net
Wed, 13 May 1998 16:14:40 -0700

Mike,

you might call Phillip Glenn at Young Chang about this.   Several years ago
there was a batch of YC's that have defective action brackets; the metal
deteriorates (crystallizes?) and *expands*,  skewing the action spread, and
making proper regulation impossible.   I am NOT making this up.

The symptoms you describe fit this diagnosis.   I've worked on several of
these, and on all but one of them you could see big "blisters" on the
brackets.

IF this is your problem you can easily replace the brackets and re-regulate
in less than a day.

Tom Myler

"Well done" is better than "Well said"