Master Piano Tuner

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Wed, 20 May 1998 20:15:08

Ralph wrote:
>I would be very interested in a poll taken directly from this list,
>including the factory technicians that sometimes contribute information, to
>learn how the majority learned their craft. It could prove to be very
>revealing. I'll begin with myself and let others add their source(s) for
>learning.

I got a good start. (If I don't do well, there is no excuse!): M.Mus. in
cello performance, 5 years in orchestras and music teaching, followed by a
two-year full-time piano technology course at George Brown College in
Toronto, followed by a summer "apprenticeship" at the Banff Centre in
Alberta, Canada.

After that things went slower. Ordinary tuning, mainly on junk, for 12
years. Life is now more interesting, with a little concert work now and
then, the list, and writing (about junk, of course!)

Susan

Susan Kline
P.O. Box 1651
Philomath, OR 97370
skline@proaxis.com

"For some reason, as time passes, I'm expected to play the roles of
increasingly older people."
				-- Ashleigh Brilliant