just a moment of your time

Dan Eumurian cen09460@centuryinter.net
Fri, 01 Jan 1999 09:12:53 -0600

Phil Bondi wrote:

> ..first let me say Happy New Year to my colleagues and I hope to meet
> some of you this year at various PTG functions around the country..
>
> ..and to comment on Richard Galasini's comment earlier about when the
> only time a tech is mentioned is when there's a problem with the
> piano..how true!..I found that to be true earlier this week…

Since this is germane to the thread, I'll try sneaking it on this list
instead of the humor list. Conrad, you may delete :0). This poorly
metered songgerel was inspired by a front page article on a concert for
which I tuned the piano. I am comforted to be reminded that in such a
case, no news is good news.

To everyone, Happy New Year (and new children, as the case may be), and
may the joy of Christmas--the good news of the arrival of the Tuner--be
with you each day of the year!

276
A Parody on “Seventy-Six Trombones”
By Dan Eumurian

Two-hundred-seventy-six choir members were on the stage,
Twenty-four of the boychoir members as well.
Sixty-two of the prodigies from the local symphony,
Also four guest soloists compelled.

Present also were two guest conductor- wannabees,
And from four- to six stage hands on the lurk.
But it all would have gone to waste, everybody losing face,
If the piano tuner hadn’t worked.

Couple paramedics backstage to provide first aid--
Fainters and heart attacks treated at the call.
Couple sound technicians to record the gig--
Biggest gig ever to hit the hall.

There were two conductors honored as emeritus
There with us. Bear with us--there were even more.
Orchestra staff and symphony board,
Some college staff, conductor,
And a stage manager to manage the floor.

Two-hundred-seventy-six choir members began to sing,
With the boychoir and orchestra they did croon.
But it all would have fallen flat,
Had it not been that
One piano, piano, piano tech
Had been there to put it in tune.