just a moment of your time

Phil Bondi tito@PhilBondi.com
Fri, 01 Jan 1999 20:49:07 -0500

A440A@AOL.COM wrote:

> Greetings,
>    I am not sure I understand.   How do you know that a fast pitch raise,
> followed by a careful tuning, would not have done the same thing?

Hi Ed..I know now that I could have done it this way..I have never encountered a
piano that was that flat before and all sorts of bad structural things were going
through my moind!..i played it ultra-conservative, which is NOT my nature..!

>  I have
> raised a piano 300 cents in 2 hours, and it sounded fine.  There was a lot of
> stuff that needed cleaning up a month later, but that is the nature of the
> wire bending in new places, ( which it will be doing because of the amount of
> movement required to make this great a change in pitch!).

In the future, I will handle these major pitch raises in this fashion.

>  Does this mean that you did 4 tunings, stretched out over a month?

over 3 months time..i know..ultra-conservative..i know better now..or do I?

Phil