impedance for 99

Doug Richards Doug.Richards@quantum.com
Sat, 2 Jan 1999 00:59:40 -0800

Jory,
GEARHEAD?
OUCH!!!

On the Laser interferometers, usually the output is velocity. And yes, the
HP thingy's are setup to do this very well.

UPDATE:  Soundboard shape with ribs and bridge have now been imported into
ANSYS.  Now the modeling fun really begins...

Question1:  For simplicity the first cut at a soundboard will have no crown
and be one thickness.  What would any of you estimate for an average
soundboard thickness and rib thickness?  Numbers only please, no sermons!
This is a very simplified model.

Question2:  What would you estimate the soundboard grain direction is
relative to the ribs?

doug