impedance for 99

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Sat, 2 Jan 1999 13:27:41 -0600 (CST)

>UPDATE:  Soundboard shape with ribs and bridge have now been imported into
>ANSYS.  Now the modeling fun really begins...
>
>Question1:  For simplicity the first cut at a soundboard will have no crown
>and be one thickness.  What would any of you estimate for an average
>soundboard thickness and rib thickness?  Numbers only please, no sermons!
>This is a very simplified model.

*Try 8 or 9 mm for panel thickness, and maybe 20mm wide x 25mm tall as a
ragged starting place for the ribs. The ribs will ultimately be sized
according to load distribution. (mini sermon)

>Question2:  What would you estimate the soundboard grain direction is
>relative to the ribs?
>
>doug

* Traditionally, 90 degrees, about 45 degrees from the belly bar. Again,
that will probably do for now. I assume Del sent you a pretty average
representative of current production design to compare your results to what
we hear on the showroom floor.

 Ron