impedance

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Sun, 03 Jan 1999 16:16:04

At 05:29 PM 1/3/99 -0600, you wrote:
>At 11:45 PM 1/2/99 -0800, you wrote:
>>The discussion regarding soundboard impedance has been interesting and
>>enlightnting. I have not read, in depth all of the posts, but has anyone
>>considered the possibility that a sound board has 88 different
>>impedances?  The ideal sound board would be so that the impedeance of
>>each string would perfectly match the impedeance of the soundboard at its
>>point of contact (the bridge)?
>>Bill Kidd
>>

>Yup, that's what we're chasing. The idea is to hopefully be able to predict,
>with some assurance, how the design will sound before it's built.
>
> Ron

Hi, Ron

How about some system whereby the impedance could be "tuned" after the
piano was built? Some way of adding or subtracting weight from the bridge,
and/or altering the stiffness of the ribs, without having to unstring the
piano? Changing the impedance for local areas would seem to be desirable,
to me.

Susan

P.S. Happy New Year, list

Susan Kline