Rejected by Custodian

DGPEAKE@AOL.COM DGPEAKE@AOL.COM
Sun, 3 Jan 1999 23:03:14 EST

In a message dated 1/2/99 11:10:15 AM Pacific Standard Time,
AS400@banffcentre.ab.ca writes:

<< Years ago, I went through much of the scene you describe.  Finally, I
 ordered a replacement rail from Schaff at the recommendation of a fellow
 tech.  In retrospect, I wondered why I was so reluctant to replace the
 rail.  It was not expensive, and remarkably easy.  Compared to the
 gyrations I went through to avoid replacing the rail,  it was a piece of
 cake.  All Schaff needed was a tracing, or the damaged rail.  I don't even
 remember which I sent.  It would surprise me if they don't still have
 duplication service for these.  If they don't, a local machine shoup would
 have no difficulty doing it for you.  Either way, it is the right way to do
 it, and you will never need to worry about those nasty little Rube Goldberg
 clamps again.
 M $.02 worth.
 Steve

How about have a local machine shop duplicate it in steel? Renner has butt
plates in steel.   Am I on to something or not?

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland, OR