fingernail protection

Lance Lafargue lafargue@iamerica.net
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 17:47:37 -0600

  I'm terrible at drawing stuff with letters like this (see below), but
take two hammers  (I would use upright A zero hammers) (largest) or A zero
hammers for grands that have not been shaped yet.  Just glue the two tail
sections together with good glue (titebond or epoxy).  Then clamp and let
dry.  You hold the top hammer head and hit the key with the lower head.  I
find it hard to hit the sharps with this.  This is also a great tool to bed
the keyframe of a grand.

You can also take a 1 or two inch dowel, pad the ends with felt and leather
and use that.  A strip of leather on the side of the dowel holds it in
place in your hand.  There was one of these talked about and drawn within
the year in the front of the Journal.

 (  O  )    <------------hammer head
     II
     II    <---tail