Bridge slant question

Isaac OLEG oleg_i@club-internet.fr
Wed, 6 Jan 1999 20:13:55 +0100

Hello dear colleagues

Thanks for all your answers for my old agraffe removing problem. At last =
I finish the job with the "official" method by there i.e.c. with a tool =
called "pointe carr=E9e" (square end) that we here to open holes in wood =
before puting screws in it.=20

My question today is :
A colleague submit me the idea that the slant on the bridges is designed =
to push the sounboard in a S shape, so there is a better resistance =
because this shape is more stable He told me the same design exists =
intentionally in the Ovation guitar sounboard.

What do you think ?

I wish a VERY GOOD YEAR 99 to you all on the list, and I am always =
trying to convince the tuners I meet to subscribe.

P.S. Very impressive is the thread on impedance.=20
I've found a temporary answer on the "Harmonicity of length" and =
"Harmonicity" parameters I found in a German scaling program I have. =
("TURBO" , from Peter Tholey, I was looking for a meaning of that a =
while ago)  It would be a parameter of the sound quality predicted, =
according to the "German Scale" rules edicted by Klaus Fenner , wich is =
a reference here in piano computation.=20
Any new idea on that will be welcome.

Best regards

Isaac OLEG