Yamaha electric grand

David Renaud studiorenaud@qc.aibn.com
Sat, 09 Jan 1999 02:51:49 -0800

"Repining for less swings alone will increase the downweight and decrease
the upweight.  Try one and reweigh and feel the difference."

Yes-- it will increase the friction, now 7.5 grams, rather low.

I expect this to give a feeling of more control, with more friction
for the performer to work with, he should have a larger "window
of control" on how that shank moves. Softer executions of the key
will not whack the "string" so aggressively.
  55 grams ain't light, but it feels light, as it comes right back at you,
40 grams worth. Fast but hard to control.
I do need to ease the balance rail hole a bit,  some keys,
and raise the hammer line a little bit..

   Be nice to know what Yamaha thinks it should be.

                                            Dave