MAJOR peeve

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 09:41:23 -0600 (CST)

Well, it's happened again. I just pulled YET ANOTHER unregulated
dehumidifyer heater bar out of a piano and rescheduled the tuning for a
couple of weeks from now when, hopefully, the piano will be somewhat LESS
than a full semitone low. It might even get a little taller. Now, I don't
have anything against in-piano humidification control systems, if someone
else is willing to be chained to the things to meet the maintenance
requirements (I'm not), but the mono-synaptic, devolved Troglodytes that
soak piano owners for the installation of unregulated dehumidifyers are far
overdue for extinction.

I consider this the equivalent of building a small, uncontrolled fire in the
bottom of the piano. Why not just throw on some more wood and get it over
with? At least some weenies could get roasted, instead of walking off with a
check for their disservice. It's usually a poor installation at that!

The lower life forms who indulge in this practice should be required, by
law, to periodically assemble in a public place to be smacked on the noses
with rolled up magazines (staples to the OUTSIDE) by anyone who has been
shafted by these installations. Then we could recognize them by their
swollen and scarred noses, the better to smack them periodically ourselves
until they quit doing it.

Now, I'm off to go glue the side (s?) back on a Jantzen console. Oh joy!

May them that love us, love us
Them that don't love us, may God turn their hearts
If He can't turn their hearts, then may he turn their ankles
So's we'll know them by their limping

 Ron