MAJOR peeve

BopPiano@AOL.COM BopPiano@AOL.COM
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 17:09:27 EST

Dear list,
On the subject of damp chasers,  what does anyone have to say about the
effectiveness of back side systems for Steinway uprights.   I haven't seen
anything convincing in the one piano I regularly service that has one.  The
aggravation of pulling the piano out from the wall and then uncovering the
setup to service it not to mention the installation itself gives me pause to
push them.  Maybe a bar inside with a room humidifier outside accomplishes as
much or more?   Reports from the frontlines appreciated.
Gary Ford
Boston