Windows Laptops

Woodrow, John (Parramatta) John.Woodrow@pil.com.au
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 09:46:06 +1000

List,
For those thinking of purchasing a new Windows laptop for RCT or
Tunelab, check out the Toshiba Portege 3010, soon to be upgraded to the
3020.

It weighs 1.3Kg for a machine with a 10.4 inch screen and a 'full size'
laptop keyboard.  Processor is a Pentium 266MHz MMX, 32MB memory
expandable to 96MB and 4.1 GB hard disk as standard.  Its super light,
only about 3/4 inch thick, but big enough to be a fully functioning
mobile office.

The soon to be released 3020 will have a 300MHz processor.  Toshiba has
an excellent reputation in laptops.  It impressed me (and that's
generally a hard thing to do).  If I didn't already have a fairly new
laptop I wouldn't have hesitated to buy one.

Regards,
John Woodrow
Sydney, Australia