Survey for U. techs

Robert Goodale Robert.Goodale@NAU.EDU
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 16:39:42 -0700

This is for all those U. techs out there.

I have been fighting a battle with the devine department of university
professional paper filers regarding some issues here at NAU.  I am
curious about what some other policies/conditions there are out there.
I was wondering if you would mind sharing the following:

1. How many pianos?

2. FT/PT?

3. 9 month contract/year contract?

4. How much budget?

5. Average age/condition of pianos?

6. Shop?  is it reasonably equipped?

7. Other comments?

8. What size school is it total?

Okay, I'll go first.

1. How many pianos?  94 total, 86 directly responsible for.  Others are
in dorms, etc.

2. FT/PT?  Full time

3. 9 month contract/year contract?  9 month

4. How much budget?  Budget? what's that?  (I got a whole $600.00 last
year).

5. Average age/condition of pianos? 30.02 years including 16 new pianos
last year.  YIKES!!

6. Shop?  Yes.  Is it reasonably equipped?  No.

7. Other comments?
The assistant dean is still trying to figure out what it is that I do
and why I DON'T need her help doing it.

8. What size school is it total?  About 20-21 K.

Okay, your turn.  Thanks!

Rob Goodale, RPT
Northern Arizona University
Flagstaff, AZ