The Thumper

harvey harvey@greenwood.net
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 14:51:36 -0500

Wally, if your 'Thumper' reply is about the back-to-back hammers I saw a
few messages back, then perhaps you'll like this modification:

- Drill small holes in the hammer mouldings. The distance apart should be
the approximate width of your four fingers at the widest point. For me (and
my hammers), each hole placement works out almost where it moulding comes
to a point;
- Slip a length of 1/4" elastic (black shows dirt less) through each of the
holes. It will be necessary to fold the elastic to shove it through the holes;
- Tie off each respective end of the elastic in a double knot, snip off any
residual elastic from each knot, and 'cauterize' the very end of the
elastic to  prevent the knot from becoming... unknotted.

The result is a "wearable" device. In use, the device stays snuggly against
the palm of your hand. From the rear, only the exposed tips of the hammers
are visible, of course along with the elastic stretching over the back of
the hand.

The beauty of this is that the device is out of the way for setting/testing
intervals, otherwise the hand is simply rotated for a, ah, test blow.
Nothing to pick up, nothing on a tether to swing about and serve as a
distraction.

My 2c.
Jim Harvey, RPT
-someonewhonolongersubmitsmaterialtothislist-
Greenwood, SC
harvey@greenwood.net