Plastic keytop removal

Lawsonic Pianoforte Services lawsonic@global.co.za
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 21:47:42 +0200

> Please advise on the best way to remove plastic and celluloid natural
> keytops.  Damp towel and an iron does not work.  Thanks.
With each key in a vice try a sharp chisel or knife, depending on thickness
of plastic keytop you are taking off, once all removed sand entire set of
keys to ensure all flat,even and clean

> Also, what is the best glue?  PVCA?  Where do I get your suggested glue?

With a new set of plastic keytops I have good results with bostik contact
adhesive. Though I get the impression all Americans are super glue happy

> P.S.  How do I get to the search engine for the archives?  I got lost.
> Thanks.
on the left hand index, go down to the bottom and click on the "Technical"
link, the page which comes up is technical infomation, go down to near the
bottom
it says :
Other technical information
•Smoke Damage Restoration for Pianos
•The Pianotech mailing list has archives for reference or has a full-text
search engine for the archives.
the above is what you want

Brian

Lawsonic Pianoforte Services