Volume Study

GFi5607775@AOL.COM GFi5607775@AOL.COM
Sat, 16 Jan 1999 09:30:17 EST

I am supposed to see a Reyburn piece of equipment, will this do the job?

Should know more about this software and equipment when it arrives with the
book.

My inital focus on this concept was very simply "volume".

It was my wish to impartially set the correct volume of the piano to in
(the/an) house sound system, for balance thoughout ....large homes.

This was done only after the most accurate concert tuning(s) x6, voicing,
hammers strings, dampers, and complete regulation. The piano being the best I
could make it at the particular moment in time.

I was looking for a "system" of balanceing (in addition to "by ear") or
predicting the correct volume for the intigration of these two forms of sound
in home use.

In addition:
In one procedure, I set the pianodisc at a medium volume and let the not
repeat, again after "a super fine, stable tuning was achieved." Let the an
Accutuner listen and found slight differences in my readings.

I "imagine" that while I am tuning "by hand" my striking, velocity must
differed from key to key. Don't know if maintaining a consistent, or even
accurate "volume"
throughout a "tuning" will or will not make it more accurate and most
important, stable.

Gregory