An Adventure

John Dewey jdent@soltec.net
Sat, 16 Jan 1999 09:42:49 -0600

Neuton Hunt write about reed organ troubles.

I find coating both the inside and outside of the evacuator, resivour and
pallett valve chamber boards with sanding sealer has helped to tighten up
the rebuild. I use Carver Tripp (not Linda Trip) water base sanding sealer.
It doesn't stink as bad. The leater on the evacuators may be porous. An
excellent article on porous leather is in the apendix of +ACI-The Orchestrion
Builder's Manual+ACI- by Craig Brougher. Also I have had excellent luck using
closed cell sponge neprene from Player Piano Co for gaskets. Some has been
in place for almost 30 years.

John Dewey