Plate Casting: Metal Heads

Richard Wagner rjwag@pacifier.com
Sat, 16 Jan 1999 12:47:58 -0800

Gregory,
At 12:06 AM 1/16/99 EST, you wrote:

>>How do I get more information on Plates, and casting.<<

While I know nothing about the subject, and Del & Newton have already
posted about the  fearsome expense etc.,  you might check out the link below.

This company (re)prints books covering a wide variety of bygone technology.
 I'm sure there's at least one in their catalog which, while it won't show
you how to cast a piano plate, will introduce you to the fundamentals of
foundary work.

If you do get any of their books however, be sure to heed the disclaimer on
the inside cover... warning against outdated processes, old and dangerous
technologies etc.
As an example, some of their publications will go so far as to show you how
to build your own X-ray machine... probably not a wise thing to try   ;-)

Have fun!

http://www.lindsaybks.com/HomePage.html

Lindsay Publications Inc.
PO Box 538, Bradley IL 60915