Plate Casting: Metal Heads

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Sat, 16 Jan 1999 22:22:06

At 12:37 AM 1/17/99 EST, you wrote:

>In a message dated 1/17/99 4:24:32 AM, skline@proaxis.com writes:
>
>Actually you are right. What is the frequency of this new material(s)?
>Under ??? tension.
>
>What other properties in addition to "less" friction do these little guys
>have?
>How much wieght can be saved with them, in say an mixture of ??? to get a
nice
>sounding alloy?
>

>Glad I could make you laugh.
>

><<Gregory, do you mean "buckyball" research, as in "buckminster fullerene"?
>Nearly frictionless stuff which looks like miniature geodesic domes under
>magnification? (The name alone is hilarious, but true, which just makes it
>funnier.)>>

Gregory,

I haven't heard of these substances being used to alloy metal. My
impression is that they are more like powdered graphite, a _very slippery_
sort of stuff. However, my level of metallurgical knowledge would place me
in a year-long remedial course if I entered MIT.

Susan

Susan Kline
P.O. Box 1651
Philomath, OR 97370