Boesendorfer bridges And Agraff temination

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@imap2.asu.edu
Sun, 17 Jan 1999 08:46:13 -0700 (MST)

Hi Michiel:

The Beckstein grands used an agraffe of similar principal for many years
before. I believe this is where the idea came from. Their location of the
hard round pin was on the speaking side of the three holes and was supported
by a thick overhang of the top of the agraffe. The kind of arrangement can
be done either from the bottom of the Capo Bar or from plate web where there
is no Capo Bar. The agraffe from the Capo bar needs a slightly different
arrangement similar to the agraffes used in many european vertical pianos.

Jim Coleman, Sr.