String Breakage - knots, universals or new

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 18:42:56 -0600 (CST)

At 03:27 PM 1/19/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Ron Nossaman wrote:
>> When you replace a string, no matter who you talk to about it before the
>> fact, you will eventually hear all about how your "fix" didn't "hold" worth
>> a damn, and WHY NOT . . . . .
>
>So put a mute on it.

* I do, very much as you described, and I'm surprised they don't break the
unison with the single un muted string too. Usually, when I get the call for
that future tuning, I find that some helpful nimnal has picked the mute out
and wandered off with it. That's when I hear all about how the fix didn't
hold. If we didn't get so much "help" in the field, life would be simpler.

>I have not used a universal in a long time.  Sorry, lads.
>
>Carl Root, RPT
>Rockville, MD

*Me either. I don't want to change the same string twice.

 Ron