Netiquette

Frank Cahill fcahill@erols.com
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 22:38:29 -0500

Carl Root wrote:

> Eugenia Carter wrote:
>
> > I don't know about the other members, but I am one person who does not want
> > this list to become moderated. If it does, then it will be diminished so
> > much that there sure won't be that much posted on it....
>

> >  . .. I've got work to do.
>
> Carl Root, RPT
> Rockville, MD

Hi, Carl. I agree with Eugina. I'd prefer things as they are.  I just
look at the subject and delete what does not interst me.  I recieve
about 50 e-mails a day. When I'm doing contract writing work, I get as
many. You'd better believe I use the delete button!!!!

Yes, some messages on this list irritate me, but not that much.  Heck,
our local chapter meetings get pretty tense sometimes. That doesn't seem
to keep me away!

Poeple leave for many reasons. Some get flamed and are embarrassed. Some
don't like the informality and leave. Some people don't want to discuss
subjects that are of interest to beginners. I don't rebuild so I don't
pay too much attention to pulling plates out of pianos.  You can't
please everyone.

Besides being educational, this site is also part entertainment. Having
an 8-year old severely limits my recreational opportunties, so this
helps.  I've also met a few techs who share common interests besides
piano work.

Maybe it's my high tech work experience... unpaid overtime, incredible
deadlines, contant threat of layoffs, no appreciation for your
efforts...I find piano work much less stressful.  I just don't get that
upset when I'm involved in anything related to pianos, including this
list.

Take care, Carl. Maybe I'll see you at the February meeting.
--

Frank Cahill
Associate Member