PLI

Frank Cahill fcahill@erols.com
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 22:43:45 -0500

Billbrpt@AOL.COM wrote:

> In a message dated 1/19/99 6:51:36 PM Central Standard Time, wjstuner@juno.com
> writes:
>
> << Query for the list:   has anyone heard of this group-Piano Life
>  International-of Denver CO?
>  Got a mailing from them today about selling warranty service to my
>  customers.  Their pitch seems to be "did you know 100's of piano
>  companies have closed their doors, has your?"  Just curious.  Thanks in
>  advance!
>  Bill Schlipf  Bloomington, IL
>  wjstuner@juno.com >>
>
> I got a mailing too.  It looks to me like someone's new angle on how to
> organize piano service.  I glanced at it.  It did not impress me.  I'd like to
> hear from anybody who has any experience with this business or if you have
> received a mailing, what do you think of it?
>
> Bill Bremmer RPT
> Madison, Wisconsin

I received one of these things also.  Most of my clients tune once every
five years, even if the paino doesn't need it.  Even the few clients
with good pianos don't spend much.

I don't think we will see this outfit in business next year.  For
several hundred bucks, I could do a lot of repair work. I suspect that
the owner is a tech who is not making a living wage (like me) and is
just trying to to drum up extra bucks. That's how some of those key
recovering services started.

--

Frank Cahill
Associate Member