Action Cleaning

John Dewey jdent@soltec.net
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 08:48:43 -0600

I blast action parts in a bench top sand blasting cabinet I got for =
about $150.00 from a tool supply company. I use Grit-O-Cobs (from The =
Andersons, P. O. Box 119, Maumee, Ohio 43537) which are ground from the =
hard parts of corn cobs. They come in several sizes. I like the 40-60 =
size with about 10 to 20 PSI air pressure. I find they have less dust =
than walnut shells. The Grit-O-Cobs are in the $10.00 price range for a =
50 lbs bag. Freight is more than the product.=20

McMaster-Carr Supply Co has several different blasting media (sand, =
glass beads, nut shells). There Chicago phone is (630)-833-0300. They =
have stores in several other cities. I find their prices about 10% to =
20% higher but they have just about anything in hardware you could ask =
for. The index of there catalogue runs 100 pages.

John Dewey