Pianotech Live Chat

John Musselwhite john@musselwhite.com
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 13:08:22 -0700

At 07:39 AM 1/20/99 +0200, Brian wrote:

>Dear Rev John, I've just finshed breakfast and reflect on (for me this
>morning) the live chat. I only participated one on one with Don the other
>day on ICQ and the mirc beginers room. Only problem I found is it seem to
>take a long lag before something happened, I posted and then it came
>inbetween other peoples comm.

This happens. Whenever you press the "enter" key to post something it may
have to go through 20 or more servers before it finally gets to Starlink
and is transmitted. It's disconcerting at first, especially with a lot of
people on-line, but it becomes easier to see what's going on as time passes.

>On your page you mention that the live chat has a "South African" - who
>was/is that? Garry Issac? I know he is an American, here in the country, he
>said I was the first South African he has seen on the list (although I'm
>actually still Bristish by nationality).

This fellow came on-line when we were on the Undernet a few years back. I
don't remember his name, but he found us purely by accident. The Undernet
is so huge that we had more visitors, but then there was too much
questionable content on it.... which is why it's so huge.

>Anyhow, I'll try to join in again. For today had my day rescheduled to
>start late, that is not always paractical.

We're always happy to see people in the channel, Brian... and others. The
fact you (and others from across the pond) had to get up at 5:15 am to meet
with us is greatly appreciated. While we didn't get too deep into piano
service in other places last night that's always a possibility for future
meetings and it's something I'd like to hear about and be able to ask
questions about live.

		John

John Musselwhite, RPT -  Calgary, Alberta Canada
Registered Piano Technician   http://www.musselwhite.com
email: john@musselwhite.com