Steinway L "clunk" help needed

GFi5607775@AOL.COM GFi5607775@AOL.COM
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 15:44:05 EST

Check to see if the keyframe to Key bed is seated...a workbench is "not a
keybed"

The weight of the stack....is not weight on the keyframe when removed.

Damper levers can really be hard to check on the back of a key ..when the
action is removed from a grand. Hard end key felt goes thub,,,loose damper
levers can get pretty noisy, and unregulated damper sostinuto tabs...can go
"click" .

Gregory

    I have seen pulley keys and loose key weights make noise with the
hammer assembly on which can't seem to be made with it off while using
the hand.  Crazy, I know but worth a check.