Who fixes these?

Carl Root rootfamily@erols.com
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 08:09:12 -0400

Wallace Scherer wrote:

> (No wisecracks please.)
>
> I went to a house yesterday to tune an "old upright". On arriving I found
> it was an "old English", but not a "birdcage" - the dampers were in the now
> standard location.
(snip)
> This one seems "fixable". It's a shame to let such a nice looking and
> potentially adequately functioning piano go to waste.

The key words are 'adequately functioning'.  How much time and money
should someone spend to get something that perfoms merely adequate?

It's biggest asset is the appearance - so turn it into a computer desk
or a crafts work station.

This is a serious proposal.  You know how I feel about posts containing
only wisecracks :-)

Carl Root, RPT
Rockville, MD