Travelling Papers

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 09:01:51 EST

David wrote:
<<Packing tape, probably exactly the same as butcher's tape.  I
precut it and keep it in a Fuji film canister (see through).
       Me too!
    I do most of my travelling on the bench here, and use the brown packing
tape.  It helps to cut a variety of widths, since a very thin strip will give
far less travel than a wide one.  It doesn't take long before you can gauge
the width needed by the severity of the traveling.
     The use of the sticky paper tape also helps a lot when simultaneously
traveling and spacing Steinway flanges , since it can be fitted into the
flange corners in a variety of configurations.

>>The reason we travel is because of the center pins.>>

     That looks sorta like a troll, so what the hey,....(:)}}.
      We should also add the variables of felt bushings, and the trueness of
the holes  bored in the flanges, as well as all the surfaces.  I think it more
likely that the pin is the most consistant component in the system.
Regards,
Ed Foote