DC

Dan Eumurian cen09460@centuryinter.net
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 12:37:31 -0600

Greetings, Don,

The portion of the blue pads that comes in contact with the humidifier
heating bar tends, in my experience, to dry out or cake up with salt
from softened water, or perhaps from water with a high mineral content.
I encourage my humidifier customers to rotate the pads periodically so a
fresh, wet portion is touching the heating bar. Too often I've seen
humidifier pads caked up not only at the top, but part way down the
pads, even if there is water in the reservoir. IMHO, these are not only
ineffective, but can cause the piano to become overly dry if the
humidifier heating bar is still warm. Using distilled water and
Dampp-Chaser® Humidifier Treatment seems to help a lot.

Feel free to check with Bob Mair and the gang at Dampp-Chaser,
1-800-438-1524, but I believe that's why they developed the Smart Heater
Bar for the humidifier, which turns itself off and turns on a red light
if the pads are not wet and functioning.

Best regards,

Dan Eumurian, RPT
1634 Barlow St.
(Slushy) La Crosse, WI 54601