Travelling Papers

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 13:07:06 EST

David wrote:
<<.During manufacturing when drilling the birdseye and
possibly the flange bushing hole the drill bit is invariably
going to drift because of wood grain and the tiny bit.  The
center pin will exhibit that same imperfection and thus we
travel.  Is that a little better?>>

     Oh yes,  that is clear, I might be getting too literal in my suddenly old
age.
     I sometimes see the hole drilled wrong, just plain wrong,  and other
times,  the part will be traveling, but why is not apparent.   I must admit
that now, I just get the paper in there to work like I want it to and go on.
however, if there is something else that offends, like if the knuckle's
alignment with the top of the repetition is so poor as to obviously press one
side harder, I will look around for further reasons, or change the part.
Thanks for the note,
Ed Foote