Damper Felt Springs

GFi5607775@AOL.COM GFi5607775@AOL.COM
Sun, 24 Jan 1999 21:35:11 EST

We know that the dampers are out of the equation, right.
How much damper spring tension is there on the damper levers?
What do the dampers sound like to you?

If the customer is complaining of "heavy touch" Is the damper lever a part of
his "touch" equation? My "guess is yes. I have seen some pretty tough damper
lever springs in a few upright actions.

What is the optimal "damper spring tension"? For me well I still just guess
and check by feel. (not to scientific).

If I see deep groves in felt, in the damper levers, I think 2 things, cheep
felt, or strong damper springs..Both? Inquiring minds want to know.

Sand Man

<<The customers complaint about the action was that it was too heavy, not