You Thought ...

Mark Bolsius markbolsius@optusnet.com.au
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 20:42:52 +1100

Z!  I always point out that the kids who learn on these piano shaped objects
do so in spite of the piano ,not because of it!!
Mark Bolsius
----------
 "Z! Reinhardt" wrote
You Thought You've Heard Everything When ...!

Dear ListMates --

Many of you must have contributions to this line of thought.  Please add
them so the rest of us may laugh out loud, take pity, or whatever.

"We've thought about getting them [their kids] a better piano because
they're doing well in their lessons, but my husband and I can't understand
why we should spend so much more money on something that looks so much like
what we already have."

This is from an actual conversation I had with a customer who is the owner
of what she admits was the *cheapest new piano available ... just to see if
the kids would be interested in lessons.*  (No, I didn't laugh in the
customer's face -- I've set an appointment to service this piano with the
intention of following LaRoy Edwards' advice: "If you can't service the
piano, service the customer."  I hope to convince her that the money will
be well spent if it means her kids will experience less frustration while
the decor of the livingroom will not be disrupted.)

Z! Reinhardt RPT
Ann Arbor  MI
diskladame@provide.net