Una corda and dampers

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 09:41:26 -0500

The strings are out of phase with each other and hitting the damper at different
times and causing the 'zzit'.+AKA- Replacing the dampers _may_ help the situation
but if you adjust the pedal so it just _barely_ ticks the left string it will
help a lot more, unless the dampers are hard.+AKA- Make sure the hammers are
_perfectly_ filed, traveled burned and spaced.+AKAAoA- Leveling the strings _then_
fitting the hammers to the strings will help a lot also.+AKA- Make sure the dampers
are touching the strings evenly, front and back and left and right.

+AKAAoACgAKAAoACgAKAAoACgAKAAoACgAKAAoACg- Newton