Key Ratio

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 08:16:31 -0500

Hello Jon,

Three things come immediately to mind:
1.+AKAAoACg- The drill used to bore through the key and into the balance rail
can be deflected by the grain or other wood content.
2.+AKAAoACg- Measurement set up variation from key to key.+AKA- I would be
unconcerned with even +-/- .1 variation.+AKA- Average is.
3.+AKAAoACg- Key design can cause differences between naturals and sharps.

Sweating that level of detail is of little practical value.+AKA- Actions are
inherently variable because of wood, assembly, design, densely, wear,
weather and measurements.

+AKA-The fact that such variations are observable says much about the system
design.

+AKAAoACgAKAAoACgAKAAoACgAKAAoACgAKAAoACgAKAAoACgAKAAoACgAKAAoACgAKA- Newton