CA vs Epoxy for pinblocks

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 17:34:49 -0600

Hi Clyde,

The pin that sheared off (yes I do learn quickly *grin*) was in an old
clunker that had already been doped by some other means. The pins were
originally loose enough that when you let go of the lever the pin would
turn. This would be just fine if you had 230 tuning levers and 115 tuners
to hold the notes. (yes a boring job...but think of the job security!)

At 05:40 PM 1/26/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Don:
>
>I assume the pins that sheared off were doped with CA glue, or was it
>something else?  I considered trying CA glue on some of these old
>clunkers, but if this can be the result, it's a problem I can do
>without, for sure!
>
>Clyde Hollinger
>Lititz, PA
>
>Don wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I don't think there was a debate really over CA vs epoxy. More of an
>> offering of opinions. I have yet to try epoxy on a pin block, but would
>> love to!
>>
>> On a doped block for me the pins actually became so tight they were
>> shearing off.

Regards,

drose@dlcwest.com
http://www.dlcwest.com/~drose/