Relational Databases/Piano Service

Jeannie Grassi jgrassi@silverlink.net
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 21:08:26 -0800

Bill,
I have a relational database--Pendragon Forms--on my 3Com Palm III.  I
download it to my desktop everyday and it goes into an Access database
on the desktop.  Like you, I didn't want to repeat tasks.

Keep in mind.  These hand held computers were never meant to replace
full sized computers, like laptops.  Perhaps a more realistic way to
think of them is as a digital organizer.  In fact, many are marketed
that way.  I have a laptop also, but I don't want to lug it around
wherever I go.  I take my Palm III with me as I would a notebook for
everything.  And I know I can save it on my main computer when I get
home.

Several people have posted messages to me asking if they should get a
laptop or a hand held.  Please keep in mind, they serve different
purposes.  If your real desire is to have a CyberTuner and your
customer records together on the same platform, I think a laptop is
ideal.  If you want to save the steps of writing down notes on paper
in the customer's home and then having to type them into your computer
all over again when you get home, you might like a hand held or PDA.

Jeannie Grassi, RPT
mailto:jgrassi@silverlink.net
Bainbridge Island, WA