Extra-long damper wedges

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 22:03:36 -0600

Hi Lance,
              They have 4 blocks on the uni and bi chords. Used on the
model 6000. (52")
The damper material is fine, but I have seen a few units that the
regulation has been less than satisfactory. The angle of damper tilt and
follow is critical on this model, excessive dip will cause the lower end of
the damper to hit adjacent damper wires that will stress the felt block
that is glued to the dowel, this will lead to poor damper performance,.
When properly installed and regulated these type of dampers give great
results.
Regards Roger