George Winston

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Sat, 30 Jan 1999 22:36:39 EST

In a message dated 1/30/99 2:26:32 PM Central Standard Time,
dporritt@swbell.net writes:

<< If I superimposed that on my normal
 "D" tuning that would make C88 to be 78 cents sharp.  I know of people
 who tune that way all the time, tho I find C88 at 48 to sound good to
 me. >>

If you set your SAT on C8 and play C4 as you would normally tune it, you will
get a figure of around 75¢.  If you play C6, you will get something closer to
50¢.  Both of these demonstrate that either can be justified.  It just depends
what the artist likes and what other effects you are trying to create.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin