Exception or rule?

Elian Degen degen@telcel.net.ve
Sat, 30 Jan 1999 23:16:35 -0400

Tony et all

>The Yamaha pianos made in Indonesia are in my opinion potentially better
>than those made in Japan.

I have been tuning Yamaha pianos in Venezuela since I have memory. Until
very recently they were all Japaneese, Never had any problem with them.

Recently (around 1997-8) we received Yamaha pianos from Djakarta (Indonesia)
I agree with you about the cabinet, but I had very bad experience with their
manufacturing. A very high percentage of them were very poorly assembled.
Worse of all, many had loose tuning pins.  Now I do not recomend any of
these pianos any more

Elian Degen
Piano Tuner and Technician
Caracas, Venezuela  degen@telcel.net.ve
Phone 58-2-748547/ 58-14-9222981 Fax 58-2-748547