Soundboard scratches

lance lafargue lafargue@iamerica.net
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 18:22:51 -0500

After repairing and scraping a Steinway soundboard down I've noticed
several scratches (darker than scraped spruce) on the speaking length side
in the tenor/treble area (no doubt someone trying to clean it long ago).
Before sealing and lacquering this board, is there anything I can do to
minimize or eliminate these dark scratches?  I've tried to take it down a
bit further, but the stains obviously run pretty deep.  Thanks!!
LANCE LAFARGUE, RPT
LAFARGUE PIANO SERVICES
New Orleans Chapter
Mandeville, LA.
II III II III II III II III II III II III II III II III II III II
lafargue@iamerica.net

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to
make them all yourself."