Soundboard scratches

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 21:01:59 EDT

Lance writes:
>Before sealing and lacquering this board, is there anything I can do to
>>minimize or eliminate these dark scratches?  I've tried to take it down
>a bit further, but the stains obviously run pretty deep.

Greetings,
     Lance, I think posterity is the operative word here.  Those scratches
are possibly from an earlier string replacement, and in my experience, they
are permanent records of the instrument's history, ( I have never been able
to make them go away).  Make up a good rationale for themt and stick to it!
Regards,
Ed Foote